Australia fashion designer Akira Isogawa, captivated the audience with her collection of exquisite drawings that showed his taste for world-class innovation, intelligence and culture. Other highlights include Liz Mitchell Couture collection and spectacular stand-out vintage pieces from the collection of Charlotte Darnell Smith.
Sixteen stickers seemed to be the winter collection 2011 iD Dunedin Fashion Week. Favorites crowd, drew public attention as the show opened in a colorful collection from Carlson, followed by a dramatic series of Nom * D, Mild Red, Charmaine Reveley sophisticated pieces. Twenty-seven names, Company of Strangers and Lela Jacobs, also graced the stage next to the shoe designer, Kathryn Wilson, who made his debut in this year's event iD.
* The capsule collections featuring eight mini-collections Elusive, Dada, Geeson Vaughan, Lou and Ash, and a showcase of the sisters shared Cooper, Tamsin and Emily, with their respective labels Tamsin Cooper and Silkbody. Three new designers also made his debut in the collections capsules: Richard Moore (former label Dot Com), Maaike (Abbey and Emilie van SCHREVEN Pullar) and Katie-Maree Cole. The range was completed with the collections of five graduates of the Otago Polytechnic School of Design.
* The ID show also presented the winners of international iD Emerging Designer, held Thursday, April 7, 2011. First place went to Kate Bolzonello (Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology, Australia). The winners of the second and third, Shenaz Engineer (Queensland University of Technology, Australia) and Sarah Mok (University of Technology Sydney, Australia) and winner of the coveted prize Mittelmoda, Marie Kelly (Massey University, New Zealand).
* The ID Dunedin Fashion Show on Friday night was hosted by Carol Hirschfeld looking elegant in a black lifted her skirt, shirt and gray jacket Charmaine Reveley signature collection winter 2011. Carol Carlson was wearing a beautiful dress 1940 black silhouette on the evening of Saturday's show and was associated with co-host John Campbell entertain the public.
* Redken for 10 years in a row took care of the hair creations of the track led by Richard Kavanagh, a strong team of 25 designers from around New Zealand. Revlon Beauty has worked behind the scenes look at creating four, guided by the principle of make-up artist Daniel Mc Aliane and a team of 26 makeup artists, to congratulate the designer collections on display over 50 models, Ali McD.
* Two lucky fans won return flights to Brisbane as part of Pacific Blue Boarding Pass Lucky tie.
* More than 85 media from around New Zealand and Australia attended the iD Dunedin Fashion Week which attracted more than 25 key events.
* Images, biographies and interviews available upon request.
Akira Isogawa, international designers invited www.akira.com.au
"There is a special energy in Dunedin, which makes it very special and I was surprised by the emerging international designer iD Awards - it was a good surprise! There was such a diversity of styles from around the world and the quality of work was very high. Dunedin is a unique city. is relatively small but has an intimate atmosphere that I find charming. "
Charlotte Smith, Curator of the Collection Darnell, www.darnellcollection.com
. "It 'was the most powerful experience I had in my collection You can see the runway, beautiful sparkling lights, support and community models, it was really exciting for me id Dunedin Fashion Week presentations are spectacular, international, and so professional -. It was unique. I feel privileged to be part of this week. "
Susie Staley, president of the Fashion Week iD Dunedin
"We were lucky to secure top-notch international guests this year, with Akira, and Darnell Smith Collection Charlotte invited national and Liz Mitchell. The program of events has increased dramatically in the last twelve years and we want our sponsors and partners to continue enjoying what has been a week. We know how iD Dunedin Fashion Week is the city and this year was a resounding success. "