Millions of dollars, hundreds of shows and unfortunate daughter of a dictator, because the statistics until NYFW
Donna Karan spring / summer 2012 during New York Fashion Week
Donna Karan Spring / Summer 2012 during Fashion Week in New York. Photo: Stephen Chernin / AP
• $ 20 million: the estimated amount is injected into the local economy during the fashion week.
• $ 6 million: the amount spent in hotels during Fashion Week in New York.
• 7 million: the money spent in shops (with $ 9 million in restaurants) during fashion week.
Chris Benz Chris Benz - Presentation - Spring 2012 Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, Chris Benz show: it is a lot of hairspray. Photo by Joe Corrigan / Getty Images
• 232,000: the approximate number of people attending fashion weeks a year (116,000 per week in fashion).
• 1943: The Year in Fashion Week in New York has been launched - although it was originally called "Press Week."
An element of SS No. 12 Guli collection. A design Gulnara Karimova, the daughter of Uzbek dictator Islam Karimov. Photo: Eric Thayer / Reuters
• 2000: number of bottles of nail polish, a celebrity manicurist Deborah Lippmann and his team goes through during NYFW
• 300 is eight days. NYFW When started, it was only an hour show.
• 250 +: designers who showed at NYFW.
• 30 + different countries, the press were present.
• 32: the number of boxes Hairspray TIGI head stylist Nick Irwin crossed the room Chris Benz (or so he said).
• 1: The number of fashion designers-cum-dictator girls ceased to have a fashion show at Lincoln Center (left).